Welcome to the Trinity Educational & Community Center. It’s an exciting time for us as we open our doors and strengthen our partnership with the local community and the City of Columbia. In fulfilling our vision and mission, we truly believe we have an obligation to give back that which was given to us.
The Trinity Educational & Community Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering individual lives and serving the common good and general welfare of the local Edgewood community through education outreach and social services programs. The Center, an affiliate of Trinity Baptist Church, also engages in and partners with the business community by providing a hospitable environment for hosting luncheons, meetings, training workshops and major social events.
• Human Service - Nourish the local community by providing food programs, emergency shelter and by promoting a safe and sanitary community environment for all ages and cultures. Create employment opportunities for stakeholders. Implement programs to address needs in the following areas: adult literacy, year round after school programs, senior citizens activities, health and wellness, veteran’s assistance, mentoring, summer enrichment, and youth tutoring.
• Cultural Service - Promote community enrichment through intercultural events, music, theater, dance, literary, media and visual arts.
• Partnership - Work with local non-profits, governments, organizations and schools to provide opportunities for fund raising, community building, community service and education.
• Foster Community - Host education and training seminars, holiday meals, town meetings, family gatherings, individual recognition and memorials.
• Environmental Responsibility - Strive to lead by example by implementing programs and practices that reduce, reuse, recycle and renew.
• Foster Community - Use our mission statement and goals to achieve our financial needs and future aims. Provide care, restoration and improvement of the facilities. Support staff development, increase volunteer engagement and energize broad participation.
1. To serve and support the local community through our educational outreach and social services programs.
2. To reach out with respect and caring and have a genuine interest in the well-being of the community.
1. To build strong relationships and create guests for life.
2. To always be responsive to the wishes and needs of our guests.
3. To own and immediately resolve guest problems.
4. To demonstrate a high level of service and professionalism in all our engagements.
1. To be honest and follow through with commitments.
2. To be fair and open when dealing with associates, suppliers and other stakeholders.
3. To be objective in making decisions based on operating in compliance with all laws and our policies.
4. To know the importance of listening, the power of understanding and the immeasurable value of support.
1. To make teamwork, innovation, and exceptional performance our highest priority.
2. To embrace diversity and be inclusive so that we can benefit from a wide range of views, backgrounds, and experiences.
1. To be responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintaining a safe and accident-free environment.
2. To be accountable and take full responsibility for our actions.
3. To develop innovative, efficient solutions through the responsible stewardship of our community resources.
The 20,000 square foot Trinity Educational & Community Center opened in the Spring of 2017. It is designated as a (501) © (3) non-profit organization. It replaces an older and much smaller community center, the Lee Robinson Building, located on the campus of Trinity Baptist Church.
The goal of the new and much larger center, among other things, is to provide much needed programs and services to the local Edgewood Community. Edgewood consists of a total of eight neighborhoods within downtown Columbia, South Carolina. The primary goal of our programs and services is to reach out with respect to the local community because of the care and genuine interest that exist within the center’s stakeholders. It is sincerely believed through the implementation of our educational outreach and social services programs, we can make a difference in the lives of our neighbors. The programs and services offered will enrich community members by offering a wide range of programs and services to include but not limited to:
Many of these programs and services have been offered in the past. The opening of the new and expanded center enhances our capacity to provide more services to our communities. Once in place, this 21st century state-of-the-art technology learning center will serve as the foundation and gateway to all future learning programs made available at the Trinity Educational & Community Center.
We are very excited about the potential and positive impact of the programs and services that will be offered. We are looking forward to continuing to work with community organizations and other partners that are committed to improving the lives of those in the neighborhoods in which we live.